Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My Blogging "Aha" Moment (that makes my life easier)

It dawned on me that I’ve been making a bit of a blunder with my blog, though I’m not sure if anyone noticed. It’s something I catch when I read a blog.

I generally don’t have time to post all my blogs the day I write them, so I tend to save them as drafts until I’m ready. Sometimes days will pass before this happens, and I realized that the date of the post reflects when I first started the draft, not the day I post it.

Big deal, right? Well, it makes it look like I haven’t posted for days, even though I post every day. For regular readers, this is no big deal, but for someone who happens upon the blog, it looks like I’m a slacker blogger. I notice this when I go to a blog.

Plus, saving drafts is a pain in the neck because I can’t insert new posts between drafts, and every day brings some sort of new adventure worth noting (at least in my eyes). There may be a way to do this, I just haven’t figured it out.

Anyway, I figured out a solution, and that is to simply post new entries in lieu of the drafts, and then simply delete them. That way, my new posts reflect the date in real time, and I can use the drafts as a reminder and reference guide to the week’s events. I know, it’s a small and insignificant development, but when you can find joy and satisfaction in the little things in life, then you’re doing okay.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Marco Michelini for the pic.

No comments: