Saturday, February 26, 2011

Hockey Miscommunication

They have a young kid’s hockey program over in Woodstock, but the season started months ago and is winding down. In fact, there are only a couple of weeks left. I figured that even though the end was near, it would be good for N to at least go out and see what they go and at least get a sense of whether or not it’s something he’d like. I think he will, mainly because he’s a good skater and a good athlete.

I spoke with the guy in charge and the program is ongoing, which I took to mean that people can come and go at any point during the program. They do practices on certain nights, and last night was one of them, so I took the kids out there to watch. I wanted to see what the skill level was, and to find out if we could get the last of the equipment that we needed.

Well, there was some miscommunication, because there was no practice that night. Normally they do meet at that time, but the schedule had changed just for last night, and he forgot to mention it. He felt bad and I don’t begrudge him for it because he’s a great guy, I’ve had many dealings with him. The only bummer is that we’ve got to wait about two weeks to get a glimpse of the action, but during that time, we can practice on the local rink and keep an eye out for more gear, so it’s all good.

Also, V, the man in charge, commented that the thought N was ready because, in his words, "I've seen him skate, he's ready." It made the trip worthwhile.

Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Patti Gray for the pic.

No comments: