Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Another Impromptu Visit

The kid’s buddy, CB, came by yesterday and hung out, and it was all totally spontaneous. What was really cool about it, in my eyes, was that they had a blast and hung out for hours all without watching TV or playing video games. I even put the offer out there, but they demurred, opting instead to play knee hockey and then making a movie. How cool is that?

In the past, kids will come over and they want to watch YouTube or play video games, and it’s hard to be the mean parent that doesn’t let your kid do anything that the other kids are doing. The best situation is when kids come over who don’t rely on those sort of things for fun. I was just impressed how the kids entertained themselves, and then they had lunch.

In the end, nobody wanted it to end, but A had to go to track, and I had a meeting to attend. The kids hatched a plan, however, and it went something like this. At some point I had to take CB back home and then take A to track. They wanted to hang out some more, so after A’s track, I dropped A&N off at her house, and then went to my meeting. CB’s parents had to be somewhere at 6:00, so they dropped A&N off back here, at which time R would be home from work. How’s that for coordination?

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to zcreem for the pic.

No comments: