Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Right On Track

A did her first day of track, and so far, so good. R was concerned that she has too much going on, and that maybe track was a bit too ambitious, but she wanted to give it a go. Besides, she gets to hang with more friends, and it’s good for her to be challenged in new ways to see that she can accomplish these things.

We went to our first day and as usual, we were late. I know the coach, he’s a good guy and a logger who can get me log length wood, so he gets points in my book. There was a large group of kids, and they didn’t mess around and jumped right in. A was excited because virtually every kid in her drama production is on the track team, it’s crazy. In a funny parental moment, I was watching the group and A looked back at me and shooed me away. Parenthood, it’s such a thankless job.

The kids went into running exercises and they worked hard. A mentioned afterward she was sore, so I know she got a good workout. She seems excited about it, mainly I think because of the social aspect, but what do you expect from a pre-teen young lady?

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Jon Erickson for the pic.

No comments: