Monday, April 16, 2012

Teaching Dad

I had this plan for A’s guitar lessons which is not completely panning out, and it’s my fault (of course). The idea was to have A teach me guitar in the way that would allow her to review all the things she’s already learned that she would otherwise have let lanquish. She never plays the old stuff that was taught to her way back when, though I’m not sure if it’s necessary.
Anyway, we started it with an old song that she’s performed on many occasions called Yellow Bird. It’s a Carribbean song with what is called a Calypso strum, which makes it nice but a little challenging. The unfortunate thing is that I’ve not practiced as much as I should, so I have to get on it. This was my idea, after all, and I’m already setting a bad example. Then again, what else is new?

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Shelby_MB_Photography for the pic.

No comments: