Friday, April 20, 2012

Auto Repair

We had our snow tires swapped out a few weeks ago, and our mechanic, who is a local and a great guy, was trying to close the hatch on our car and ended up putting a dent in it. It was small, but a dent, nonetheless. He showed it to me and said he’d pay for the damage. I felt bad because it was an accident, but something we need to fix, all the same. He gave me the name of his body work guy and I made an appointment to have him look at it.

The thing is, the guy is in Perkinsville, which is about 30 minutes from here. You get on the 91 south and get off on the next exit, but then you drive through Ascutney until you hit a small town. It was a bit of a trek, and at some point I wondered if I made a mistake and went the wrong way, because you are out in the Styx. We finally found the place, the guy looked at it, and said we’d need to leave it for three days. We couldn’t get an appointment for another month, but that’s fine, I think.

The garage smelled like an ashtray, and the kids freely expressed their opinion of the place by making choking gestures. You have to love such free, uninhibited expression.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Mike-Cochrane for the pic.

No comments: