Monday, April 23, 2012

New Workout Plan

Hockey season is over, but that doesn’t mean I can’t obsess over it during the warmer months. Plus, there is always off-season conditioning. I took the plunge and signed up for summer hockey, and this should be interesting. One of the things that really struck me during Spring Fling, and I don’t know why I didn’t give this more thought during the season, is how well the better players skated, especially in the Pee Wee/Bantam group. Man could those players skate.
With this in mind, I’d like to stay in shape so that once hockey re-starts, I won’t be dying out there. In a perfect world, there would be year-round ice that I could skate on and practice, but let’s get real here. I’d like to run, but I’m somehow incapable of pulling it off. It’s just way too easy to find a reason not to do it. My latest idea involves riding my bike, and not just on leisurely rides, but going for hills. The beauty of riding up hills is that I’ll get the maximum leg workout, and I can do short rides. Shorter bursts of working out are better for me because I don’t have huge amounts of time to spare.

I tried to do my new workout the other day in the rain, but I sure whimped out, because not only did I get soaked, but it was so darn cold, and I was wearing shorts. Maybe I’ll wait for a sunny day, or wear long pants.

Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to 69fish for the pic.

No comments: