Friday, April 20, 2012

He Shoots, He Scores

We were out and about yesterday because once again I got more ambitious than necessary, but good things came out of it. Not that I endorse consumerism, but when you make regular stops at the Listen Center, you really can find some gems at rock bottom prices, plus you are re-using stuff rather than creating more waste.

Either way, we had to go to the car repair store, and since we were on the road, I figured we could hit the dump and run other assorted errands. Now I’m still searching for used lacrosse gear (my next new mission), though granted, with less vigor and urgency than I did with hockey equipment. I would also like to find some cheap roller blade wheels for the kids. Either way, we stopped at the Listen and there was crate full of knee hockey stuff. There were two nets and about a dozen sticks. Now A&N have been asking for more sticks, particularly goalie sticks, for knee hockey, and I’ve always balked. Now we had the chance to get a couple more for next to nothing, except that they wouldn’t sell the stick separately, we had to buy the whole box.

I ruminated on this for a moment, and then realized that the whole thing cost a few bucks, nets and all. I decided to get the whole thing and then just return what we didn’t want, because R would not be happy that we were acquiring more junk. It then became clear, however, that N was really excited about having real knee hockey nets, and we decided to keep them, as well.

In fact, he was so excited that the minute we got home, he set about constructing an entire knee hockey rink in our living room. He worked so hard, and they even included advertisements on the side boards and sign indicating the name of the rink. How cool is that?

Sometimes kids are so cute it just melts your heart. Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: