Sunday, December 26, 2010

A Christmas Carol

We were trying to come up with a good movie that we could all watch on Christmas Day, and decided on an animated version of A Christmas Carol with the ghosts of Christmas past, present, future, and all that good stuff. Boy, what a “yawner,” even I couldn’t believe how slow it was, and I like slow movies (i.e., almost every French movie I've seen). I felt bad for the kids, because I think the central message was a bit deep, and the movie itself was a bit too stiff for children.

Either way, the kids did not complain, and I could simply be projecting my own boredom, but we sat through it. It’s funny because when I was a kid, we watched the same old tired Christmas movies every year, they were an event. Santa and the Three Bears, Rudolph, Frosty the Snowman, and the classic of all classics, A Charlie Brown Christmas.

A&N can’t be bothered to watch these all again, though in all fairness, they have watched them all several times, because we have the discs. Oh well, maybe we’re better off watching Ben 10.

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas, and thanks for reading, and thanks to Sgi Design for the pic.

No comments: