Sunday, December 26, 2010

Gargantuan Task with Pics

One of the biggest regrets (one of a million, mind you) that I have growing up was that I never took pictures of the people, places, and things in my life. Bummer, and once those moments are gone, you can never get them back.

Now that I’m a parent, I can honestly say that lack of pictures is a problem, especially with digital photography. We have thousands of pictures on our hard drive, where I’m sad to say the tend to languish.

I used to be diligent about making prints, which was a given before digital photography. As a result, we have dozens of photo albums of the kids growing up, and they are a scream. We love going back and looking through them. I even did a reasonably good job of staying on top of it when we went digital, though it was more challenging because there were so many more pictures to choose from.

And then, I slacked off and stopped. Well, the other day, we were looking through the pics and realized how cool it is to see the kids grow, and I resolved to start making prints once again. I probably have to sift through nearly 2000 pictures, but hey, I’ve got nothing better to do with my time, right?

I figure as along as I take it slow and don’t obsess over the big picture, no pun intended, I should be able to keep my sanity, which on a daily basis hangs by a thread, but that’s one tough thread.

I’m thinking it shouldn’t be too bad, but like most things in life, it’s easier said than done.

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: