Saturday, December 25, 2010

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

There has been a great deal of hair-cutting going on around our house lately, and I've been toying with the idea of cutting off my own hair. I've grown it long for so long that I can't even remember what it was like to have short hair, but I will say this - long hair is a complete hassle. Plus, I can't tell you how many people assume I'm Native American, and ask me if I was an extra in Dances with Wolves. It's all because of the hair, and the powerful influence of the media, of course.

I'm not sure when this big hair-cutting undertaking is going to take place. At one point I was ready to go for it and jump in with both feet, but I started to think that the shock would kill me, so I'm opting for the gradual approach. I asked R to cut it, and she got about a foot off. It felt great, and was a breeze to wash and comb.

Eventually, it's all gotta go. Stay tuned for when and where. I figure that if it gets long again, the kids would have fun attacking it with a pair scissors. Speaking of which, I was at the Coop the other day and one of cashiers noticed my hair-cut and asked if the kids got ahold of some scissors and chopped off my hair.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to RC for the pics.

No comments: