Sunday, December 26, 2010

We Love Henderson's

When we go skiing, N and I ski without our poles, while A prefers to have hers. I find poles just one more thing to have to deal with, like holding a shopping bag. No thank you. Last year, we got A some new poles because she is growing in leaps and bounds, but we got them late in the season, and because of that, we had to get them brand new, which pains me to no end.

As luck would have it, this year, she’s outgrown them. Can you believe that? I’m not whining (well, maybe a little), A is growing like any child should, it’s just that we didn’t get much use out of the poles, and now we needed new ones.

Then I thought of our favorite ski shop in the universe, Henderson’s, and thought maybe could work something out. After skiing, we headed over there, and the place was hopping. I asked N, who has been there for years, if we could do a swap, and he went in the back, grabbed a new pair of poles, and exchanged them, no questions asked.

Now we have new poles, A is excited to try them out, and dad is happy because it didn’t cost a thing.

Man, I love Henderson’s. Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: