Tuesday, December 28, 2010

New Year's Eve Plan, or Lack Thereof

Well, yet another new year is upon us, and we are left to decide what are plans are going to be for the evening. Actually, the biggest decision we'll have to make is probably which foods to prepare, because there is a slim chance that we'll get out and join the festivities, which all begin after 8:00 PM, well after my bedtime, although we were invited to an early New Year's bash that begins around 5:00. Not sure if we'll make it to that one either, so NM and BM.

It's unfortunate that things around here start so late in the evening, though even if they did, I'm not sure we'd make it over there. Every year MK invites us to her New Year soiree, but again, it starts late in the evening, and the idea of being out late with (or even without) the kids is not appealing. I'm just getting too old for this kind of stuff.

Besides, I'm not a fan of drinking, and somehow when I get into these social situations, peer pressure forces me to imbibe, and then I regret it. I wish I had the strength of character to just say no, but when in Rome and all that good stuff.

So, it looks like we'll embrace the tradition of our forefathers and eat junk food and maybe watch a movie. Just my speed, how can you beat it?

Happy New Year's Eve to everyone, thanks for reading, and thanks to Kriss Szkurlatowski for the pic.

No comments: