Wednesday, December 15, 2010

More Car Advice from PR

Cars are so different today than when I was growing up. It used to be that you changed the oil every 3000 miles, but now that’s changed. With our new car, the dealer said that you should wait until 6000 miles for the first oil change, which I think is a little crazy. Plus, it’s all computerized, so your car tells you everything you need to do, which again, I’m not so thrilled about. I had them disable the automatic door locking mechanism. I’m not a big fan of when cars do things for me, like turn on the lights or lock the doors.

Either way, PR mentioned that with any motor, it is advisable to change the oil early because it is a new machine. I agree, and remember as a kid when we got an new car, the first oil change was always important. What this means is that I’m going to change the oil around 1500 miles, and will probably do it myself. I am running out of time, however, because before I know it, the ground will be covered in snow, making it much harder, though not impossible, to change it. Then again, I could just go to Jiffy Lube, but that’s not what a real man in training would do, though I should mention that all of my advisors take their cars in to have the oil changed.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: