Friday, December 31, 2010

Getting Things Done

I told the board at our library that I would help out in any way possible to help get funding to support the library, and at some point would even try to write a grant, though I’ve never written a grant before, not that I have the time or wherewithal to do such a thing.

Either way, it was yet another example of having the best of intentions but biting off more than I can chew, the story of my life. Then again, if you don’t give it a try, how would you ever know what you’re capable of?

They were doing some fundraising work and I said I would help write something to that effect, but really had no idea what to say or how to approach it. MD wrote a rough draft and I’m assuming the plan was for us to work together on it, but as usual, I sat on it and did nothing for days. Boy did it ever weigh on my shoulders. I had the valid excuse of being on my deathbed with the plague, and the holidays are always a crazy time where work winds down, but I still felt bad.

I finally cracked the whip on myself and sat down to finish the letter, or rather, touch up what MD had written, and wouldn’t you know it? Not only did I get it done, but it wasn’t that bad. Best of all, when I sent it back, not only was she not mad, but she liked it and said it was helpful.

I love when that happens, though when moments like this happen, I find a way to let it justify my procrastinating ways. It’s not a good way to go.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Julien Tromeur for the pic.

No comments: