Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Still Coughing

I think I’m going on day 14 of this cough, it’s getting pretty ridiculous. It’s one thing if it’s a simple clearing of the throat, but this is a fairly serious ordeal. I’m practically going through convulsions over here, coughing out pieces of my lung... well, maybe not that bad. Either way, it’s disconcerting for everyone involved. When R and I sit down to watch a movie, we have to continually pause the thing because we can’t hear the dialogue over my coughing.

I even had to excuse myself from the Trusteee meeting. MD didn’t even recognize me when I called her to tell her, how funny is that?

I’m thinking one day before the New Year I’ll get better, but until then, I’ll keep on hacking away. I am happy about one thing, the kids are much better, especially N. He got hit particularly hard, and now he’s perky and his appetite has returned. Thank goodness for that. A didn’t even get it that bad, and she’s been the healthiest out of all of us, and again, I’m glad.

Okay, that’s the infirmary report. I will say this, we are not alone. So many people around us are sick or were sick. This bug seemed to hit people really hard, and I’ve heard stories of people taking 1-2 weeks off of work. That’s pretty serious, though I was wondering what people do when they take 2 weeks off. When you get down to it, that’s a fairly long time to be in bed.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Walter Groesel for the pic.

No comments: