Friday, December 24, 2010

Hitting the Slopes

It has been pretty pitiful thus far in terms of snow, and I’m hearing about all the precipitation that’s falling on LA and wonder, what exactly is going on here? We need snow! I know I’ll regret making this proclamation one day soon, but for now, we haven’t really gotten much of the white stuff, and we are itching for it.

That, however, did not stop us from going skiing. I was aware that opening day was on the day before Christmas Eve, but wasn’t sure if we could manage it because there was so much going on, but when that day arrived, I figured we could squeeze in a couple of hours.

So we packed up the Fit, headed over to Quechee, and did some skiing. It was a lot of fun, and the kids really had a blast. One interesting development was that A&N seemed to have switched roles. Last year N was the one who tore down the mountain and turned my hair gray, while A was much more controlled and cautious. This time around, A was flying down the hill and ended up that bottom well before we got there, and N was the one who took it slow and steady. I’m kind of glad, because it was a little scary watching him go, and though N was fast, she tends to embrace a much more cautious approach to things.

They are both good skiers, and I’m glad they enjoy it. Now if we could a few feet of snow, we would be golden. Also, this year we’ve vowed to try some new ski hills other than Quechee and Dartmouth. However, one of the closest and nicest, Ascutney, went out of business. Bummer.

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: