We had one day of clear weather, and that finally gave me a chance to address the windows. I have this ambitious goal of cleaning all the windows, painting the interior trim, and in some instances, replacing the storm windows all together. This is the case for A’s room, which is the coldest. I was painting her storm window when I noticed the frame was rotting, and when I tried to remove it, it completely fell apart.
The upside to this is that when I looked into replacements, I found you can get much nicer, better insulating storm windows. In fact, you can’t even get the same windows that we have, they’re so old. I’m hoping that this, in conjunction with my shelf sealing project, will help to keep her room a little warmer. We shall see.
The nice weather was also a chance to me to clean some of the downstairs windows, and let me tell you, it was a bit of a chore. The windows are filthy, not just the glass, but the frames, as well. They seem to collect all sorts of bugs, spider webs, and dirt. I figured it was something we had to live with. Then I realized that I could remove the storm windows and voila, I could access all that stuff. I cleaned out the grime then painted the trim, and does it ever look better. I also cleaned the glass on the storms and the windows, which amounts to four sides. Quite the job.
It took me hours to get five windows done, but it was worth it. Once we remove the screens the windows will look even better, so we can enjoy the view that much more.
Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Multielvi for the pic.