Thursday, October 4, 2012

Keeping Things in Perspective

I tend to get myself involved into too many things and get way in over my head, and the current state of my life is no different. The biggest time demand is for hockey, for which I’m doing the scheduling. It’s nuts, not only because I’m new at it, but it’s a hard job. So many moving parts and so many people to placate.

I am also a corporation member of the Howe Library, whatever that means. That’s one of the best libraries I’ve ever been to, and I love to help. In the past, I’ve attended meetings about policy, and they asked me to help again to discuss some issues. Of course I said yes, but when the time came, I couldn’t do it. I told them as such, and though I felt bad, I tried to keep things in perspective and realize I’m volunteering my time and if I can’t do it, I can’t do it.

It happened with hockey, as well. They were having a meeting on Friday, and I was swamped with things to do. I had to bail out on that, as well, but again, I can’t feel too guilty about this. I’m volunteering my time, and they know this, and I’ve put a great deal of time into it as it is.

That, of course, doesn’t stop me from feeling bad, but as long as I don’t keep it up, thing should be fine. Yeah, right.

We have some big events coming up this weekend which, you guessed it, I’ve volunteered to help out with. Oh well, sometimes you just never learn.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to romano carrattieri for the pic.

No comments: