Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Musical Progress

The kids are continuing with their music lessons, and even though they express ambivalence at times regarding their respective instruments, I want them to continue learning and practicing. I think it’s good for music to be part of their lives, and at times I can see and hear that it’s sinking in, especially when they talk music theory. It’s fabulous when they express or demonstrate their understanding of music. Plus, their teacher, JB, has indicated that they are progressing nicely and has referred to them as "musically inclined." How cool is that?

Somewhere down the line in their lives, they might even appreciate the fact that they can play an instrument, and the benefits of musical knowledge carry over into other facets of our lives. I will say this, one of my biggest regrets in life is not learning to play an instrument. While I agree that it’s never too late, somehow learning it when your young is the best way to go.

Finally, there’s a cool factor that is hard to dispute when you’re a kid who can play an instrument, especially a cool instrument like guitar or drums. Then again, what do I know about cool? If you ask our kids, the answer would be nothing.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to gipiosio for the pic.

No comments: