Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Better Lumber Place

I’m not a contractor (I just play one on TV), but I like to do an occasional wood project, and of course I go with what is cheapest and easiest to obtain. In other words, pine all the way. Making a standard shelf or crate with 1X12 pine board is probably the easiest project for the likes of me. Plus, pine can be obtained at any number of places, whereas hard wood is tougher to find and much more expensive.

I figured Home Depot was the place to get wood because they just seem cheaper for a lot of things, but I found that the wood at Britton’s was maybe even a little cheaper. Could that be possible? I called HD for pine boards and they quoted me some outrageous price, and then Britton’s, which was more reasonable. Plus, according to KB, the lumber at Britton’s is superior in quality. Factor in the their convenient location and the cool guys who work there, and it’s a no-brainer. I’m going to Britton’s for my lumber.

This could warrant a more involved price comparison, but for now I’m happy with my decision.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to °Florian for the pic.

No comments: