Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Finished Painting

It took a couple of days, but I finally managed to finish painting the back side of this house. It feels good to be done with it, especially with winter on the horizon. Not only is the wood protected, but it looks better, as well. If you look hard enough or have an expert eye, you can see a slight difference in tone because the lower half is a year older, but that doesn’t apply to me because like most people, I see what I want to see, and it looks just fine.

I was glad also for the fact that I still had paint/stain left over from the previous attempt at painting the house, enough to finish the job. That meant avoiding the need to purchase more paint, which meant saving money. Always a good thing in my book. Also, having done this the previous couple of years, I’m definitely more comfortable with the drill, meaning setup and cleaning, but also working high up on the ladder. During previous jobs, I was so scared standing on that ladder that I was practically paralyzed with fear. This time around I was much more comfortable, which surely must mean that I’m moving closer to being a real man, right? Then again, when you get too comfortable, you tend to make stupid mistakes.

There are two more sides that haven’t been painted, the gable ends, but they still look fine, and I’ve taken care of the most important sides, the front and the back, which gets the most sun exposure. I think I’m done painting for the season and will retire the painting supplies. One less thing on my plate, and I’m grateful for that.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to m.a.r.c. for the pic.

No comments: