Thursday, October 25, 2012

Hitting the Ice

We’ve been pretty active on the ice for the past couple of weeks, and it sure is fun. The kids have been practicing and I’ve been helping out with the coaching, even though I have little clue as to what I’m doing, I just do what I’m told. Even then, I don’t completely know what I’m doing. When you listen to DF talk hockey, you realize how much thinking goes into the game. Man do I feel inadequate, but what else is new?

I will say this, when it comes to finding the right person to lead your kids in learning hockey and building character, I can’t think of anyone who fits the bill better than DF, the guy is Mr. Hockey. His enthusiasm and energy are infectious, as you may have gathered by the fact that I’m completely immersed in this game.

Not only is there practice for the kids, but we’ve been going to open sticks, public skates, and all sorts of other skating activities.

I think we’re ready for some hockey, don’t you?

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Rory Finneren for the pic.

No comments: