Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Scored on Some Skates

Winter gear is starting to show up at the Listen Center, though it’s strange to me how it’s seasonal. You’d think winter gear would appear throughout the year, and to some degree it does, but for the most part, winter stuff begins appearing as winter nears. People probably prepare for the season as it approaches and clean their houses accordingly.

What this means is that hockey and ski gear will start showing up. This is beautiful when you have two rapidly growing kids who partake in sports whose equipment demands are expensive. I’m constantly looking for next year’s stuff. I was over there the other day and they had used hockey equipment out. I scored a killer pair of skates, which were in great shape, though they’re a little big. Not a problem, I got them for N to use on ponds, which seem to thrash your blade.

My next goal is to get A some pond skates, and we’re in business. Of course, if I find the next size up for the other gear necessities, that would be great, but I’ll take it one day at a time.

Until then, thanks for reading.

No comments: