Monday, October 8, 2012

Hockey on the Horizon

Hockey is almost upon us. Campion already has their ice, I think Barwood is getting theirs in soon, and within two weeks, Union will be up and running. I can’t believe it. Of course, with hockey about to begin, it means spending huge chunks of change to register everyone into the program, including myself. Enrolling two kids in hockey can get reasonably painful in terms of how much it costs, though I’ve been told that our team is much more affordable than the neighboring program. One of the parents said she can enroll her two kids for the price of one over there, so I shouldn’t complain. Like that’s going to stop me?

That doesn’t include equipment, meals, transportation, and time. Hockey is not for the faint of heart, or the faint of wallet. Plus, when travel is involved, it will mean in certain instances staying in hotels. The whole thing bums R out. She’s even said that she’s dreading the season (ouch!), not so much because of the cost, but because of the time commitment. It is a chore if you’re not as enthused as myself, and because of this, it behooves me to make it as painless as possible for her, both logistically and financially. Consequently, I’m working my tail off and going broke, fast.

Boy, the things we do for hockey. Then again, there are no second thoughts on my end. It’s a good thing the kids love it... as do I.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Nadia L* for the pic.

No comments: