Friday, August 14, 2009

Don't Be Neurotic

It's so not the Vermont way, but I can't seem to help it. I want that darn bike for A, and those guys said it would take a day. Here we are three days later and no word. Gotta take it easy and go with the flow... yeah, right. I guess I'm just as excited as she is. She's itching to get that bike, and I know once Nicholas is on a bigger bike, then life will never be the same.

I took the bike over on Tuesday, and PM said a tuneup would take about a day. No problem, I figured we'd have the bike by Thursday at the latest and then we could cruise, but no word. I called them and apologized for being a pain, but what was the status of the bike, and you know what the guy said? They hadn't even started on it. Okay, fair enough. I'll chill, but after asking if I could get some gauge of when we'd get it back, he said he'd start it on Friday and have it for us that day.

So my plan went something like this-we would be in Lebanon swimming at the pool and could stop by in the late afternoon. I called them in the AM and they said they close at 5:00. No problem. Since I couldn't take the bike home today since we were carrying a full load, I brought my lock with me and would lock it up and get it on Saturday morning since I'd be out shopping for food. They don't open on Saturday until 1:00, and I wouldn't be around then-the life of one car family.

Anyway, we drove over the their shop around 4:30 and they were CLOSED! They are definitely losing points with me. Now I have no clue when the bike will be done, but again, I don't want to get neurotic about it.

Too late. Thanks for reading, and thanks to Nara Vieira da Silva Osga for the pic.

No comments: