Friday, August 21, 2009

Franconia Inn and Birthdays

We're off to Franconia today, and everyone is excited, though again, traveling always gives me anxiety that overshadows the excitement of the moment. I hide it well, however, and don't want to spoil the moment. Besides, it's a quick and easy trip to NH, about a two hour drive, and it's a wonderful place to visit. We love it there, and have been for the past 9 years, since before the kids were born, actually. We go every year on our birthdays (hint, hint), and this year is no exception. For the record, R and I have the same birthday, and we like to celebrate it with the kids in Franconia. Enuf said.

The kids are thrilled to pieces and have been preparing for the trip for the past couple of days. It's too cute to describe, and I'm glad they get so excited about traveling. I haven't polluted their minds with anxiety, and hope to never do that. The one caveat for me is that we are going to fly out soon, and we are taking a trip before our trip. How's that for cutting it close?

Anyway, the Franconia Inn is like a home away from home. They know us, we love the food and accommodations, and the area is beautiful. The weather may not cooperate, but what else is new? It's been a crazy summer, so you gotta take what you can get.

Just wanted to mention that we don't like to make an issue of our birthday and would rather concentrate on the other 364 days in the year, but I thought it was kind of funny that neither my mom nor my knucklehead brother even made mention of the fact that it is my birthday (my brother has never said anything, but that's because he never thinks about anything but himself), but the one person who did, other than my family, of course, was our local video store. They called to wish me a happy birthday and to tell me that I had a free rental for my birthday. That was nice of them.

Okay, lots to do, so I'll end it there. Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to michael lorenzo for the pic.

No comments: