Sunday, August 23, 2009

Travel Blog and Living on the Edge

I originally thought of doing a travel blog, but considering that we'll be camping and I'll be lucky to get any writing done on this trip, I think I'll stick with one blog and just incorporate our trip into that. With that in mind, here we are at the almost-zero hour and we still have things to deal with. We just got our rental car today, 8/23, and we leave on 8/25. This was an entire drama in and of itself, but I'll leave it at that. Until we actually get the car, I won't say a thing, because as every traveler knows, nothing ever works according to plan.

We also got some crucial pieces of luggage to carry our sleeping bags, though we still need to get the darn pads to sleep under. I'm thinking we'll find a WalMart or a camping store along the way and get the pads there, but there's always the chance that it won't happen, which would be a complete bummer. We'll see where this disaster is going.

Overall I think we have most of our stuff, except, of course, a roof over our heads for days 4 and onwards, but these are just minor technicalities. Besides, we have a tent and 4 sleeping bags, what else do we need?

We just got back from a great weekend in Franconia, and I'll talk more about this later, but I'm tired and it's getting late. Besides, I'm a year older and I need my rest.

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: