Sunday, August 9, 2009

More YKW and Coffee Concerns

I was at Board and Basket and found what I was looking for - a single dose drip device. I'd been using a funnel to filter my coffee, and it didn't seem to work well. If you can believe this, the filter seemed to clog and the coffee stopped flowing. So found an adapter that is actually designed to make coffee in. It, too, seems to clog, but at least it sits on top of the cup and looks kind of cool. I'm still figuring out this dilemma, and it's not over yet. One thing that dawned on me is that I realized this may be the way to go for camping. No need for French Presses that break.

On other fronts, if you can believe this, YKW called and left a message. She had the nerve to say that she hadn't seen A for awhile and wanted to have a playdate. I'm guessing her best friend wasn't around and that's why she was looking for a backup plan. Besides the distasteful nature of that, I will never be able to shake the image of YKW completely ignoring A as she desperately tried to connect and play with her while she was having a good old time with her twin. It struck me as cruel and insensitive. Couldn't she have at least said hello? And now this. As far as I'm concerned, we're never going back. She's shown her true colors, and even if they reconnected, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that it would be just a matter of time before she was once again done with A and it all started over again. No thank you.

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: