Saturday, June 23, 2012

All On Board?

To be, or not to be... wait, what was the question? I’m not sure about the inevitability of life, but sometimes it seems like I’m destined to get in over my head. Then again, what else am I going to whine about on this blog? I whine, therefore I am, a the saying goes.

The hockey season approaches, and there have been some changes on the hockey scene, notably the graduation of some players out of youth hockey and long with them, the involvement of the parents. Many of these folks have been very involved promoting the program and had done a great job, but now they’re moving on, and there are holes to fill. This, of course, brings up the issue, who exactly is going to fill those holes? Or better yet, what big sucker are they going to target to fill one of those holes? Enter me, of course. How can I say no?

I realize the ball is in my court, and I have the absolute right to say yes or no, but again, I do want to help, especially since our family is so involved in hockey, and because it means so much to us. Unfortunately, as I mentioned, there are some pretty big shoes to fill, so we’ll see how it goes.

For now, I’ve been to two board meetings, and they’re pleasant, if not a bit enjoyable because the board members seem to all get along pretty well, at least from what I’ve seen. All bonding over their mutual love for hockey, but what’s not to love?

We shall see, but suffice it to say that I think board membership is on my horizon. The question becomes, how ugly do I want to let it get?

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to InterContinental Abu Dhabi for the pic.

No comments: