Friday, June 29, 2012

Kids Taking the Reigns

As I mentioned before, last Sunday was crazy on a number of levels. We had to rush back home from Montreal, go the party, get to UF, then I had a hockey game and R usually talks to her mom that evening. This meant that while I was at hockey, we had to get the kids home, feed them, and get them ready for bed, all while mom and dad are being pulled in two directions.

It is often during times of need when the kids really shine. R was doing some big ticket items at the laundromat so she was able to pick up A&N, and she brought them home but didn’t have time to make supper because she had to chat with her mom. I, meanwhile, was at hockey, so A took the reigns and made supper for herself and her brother. What great kids. She did such a nice job, making wrap sandwiches with fresh fruit. Not only did she pull of a nice supper, but it was healthy, too.

Sometimes I feel so unworthy of our kids. A even apologized that she hadn’t made supper for me when I got home. My first thought was, “Are you kidding me? You did great.” Sometimes kids are so cute it just slays me.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Moomettes for the pic.

No comments: