Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Father’s Day

I also haven’t had a chance to comment on Father’s Day, which coincided with our family get-together, and in the end, was rather uneventful, at least from a Father’s Day POV. We had a great day and really enjoyed it, but didn’t really make a huge deal out of it being Father’s Day, and that suits me just fine. Personally, I’d rather celebrate the other 364 days in the year rather than make a big deal about one of them.

Not that it wasn’t a nice day. The weather was fabulous, and we grilled steaks, of all things, that we got from BG’s. My Mentor would be proud, but we ordered six filets that they cut just for us, and man were they good. I screwed up and over-cooked a couple of them, but the others turned out well. So tender. I also cooked two rib eye steaks that I got from RayCin farms, and they were excellent, as well, but man was it a lot of beef.

All in all, we had a wonderful day, and it was nice being with all the family. I think the kids get a kick out of finding a reason to celebrate something, they’re really cute about it.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Jim U for the pic.

No comments: