Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Suffering Out Loud

Our kids are always telling me to suffer in silence, but I’ve come to realize that I’m not capable of such things. My darn back is always nagging at me, and some days it seems like a constant thing. Needless to say, it has a profound effect on my quality of life, not to mention the quality of life of those around me.

Now I don’t deny that I’m a whiner who is prone to some bitchiness (though I’ve gotten much better at it), but I’m not suffering out loud because I want attention or want people to feel sorry for me. Honest. It’s just that the pain can be pretty severe, and it really sneaks up on me, literally coming out of nowhere. When it hits, I’m not prepared for it, so naturally I’m going to give out a moan or wince. I’d do it whether or not somebody was there.

Whatever be the case, I’m slowing becoming a basket case, and I think I need to do something about it. I can go to physical therapy (PT), and my Mentor is a big believer in his chiropractor. My brother in law, the amazing PR, had some similar issues and told me that doing regular back exercises helped him a lot, so I’m going to give it a go. If that doesn’t work, I’ll definitely take heed of the other suggestions, because living with pain is a complete drag. Looking at the bright side, at least it doesn’t hurt when I lay down and sleep.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to myerson_ethan for the pic.

No comments: