Sunday, June 10, 2012

Community Gardening

We were initially going to skip the garden this year, but after a bit of prodding from our friends, who gently but sternly encouraged us to grow something, we are doing a garden plot in the community garden. Now we obtained several starter plants from the resident pro, CS, and also got a few gifts from our friends, JM and B. They had been growing starters in the greenhouse and offered some tomatoes, which I gladly accepted. B said she’s leave them in my name, and when I went to pick them up, she had left us several tomatoes and even a squash plant. It was so nice of her, I was floored.

We received some exotic types of tomatoes, some of which I can’t even pronounce. I put them in the ground and now we have about a dozen tomato plants going, and one squash. There’s still a bit of space on the end, where I might put some peppers, and I planted some cilantro seeds. Look at me, Mr. Green Thumb, after all.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Helen in Wales for the pic.

No comments: