Friday, June 1, 2012

Go Kart Parts

The kids have been chomping at the bit about this go-cart, and JM mentioned that the time was right to, at the very least, come and get the parts, so we headed on over and got the raw materials. JM worked really hard on getting this together. Not only does he have a beautiful prototype, but he pre-cut all the wood components and gathered all the hardware. Pretty amazing stuff.

The frame consists of a 2X4 foot piece of 1in plywood, and then there are pieces for the axles and huge bolts for the wheels. It’s pretty interesting, I’ve never made a go-cart. The kids (AAI&N) are excited and best of all, motivated. They are working on the design, conferring with one another, and they want to be integrally involved in the process. I can cut the pieces with the saw, and they want to take it from there. I’m all for that.

It’s cool that they’re excited, and I’m happy to help. Now if we can just get HH on board with her tools and expertise, we’ll be in business.

Until then, thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! You actually made one for your kids? I think it's amazing and i bet the kids were excited and happy considering they've been waiting for that. I hope you had pictures of the finished product. I wanted to see how you did it.

- GoKartSupply.com