While they were going that, I cut out the side panels for the front hood, which was a little tricky because I had to trim the hardwood plate that holds in the front axle bearing. The plate extended too far, so I had to trim the tip. On JM’s model, he cut off the front end entirely, and then had the hood extend over it to form the tip. We might try something similar, though entirely the same.
Once the side panels were done, A&N painted them and we took them into the barn to dry, because the rain clouds were rolling in, and we had places to be. I have to say, what seemed like insurmountable obstacles in building this thing have been manageable because we’ve been taking small steps and haven’t felt overwhelmed.
The most important thing, however, has been the kid’s enthusiasm. The fact that A&N are having fun and can’t wait to work on it has inspired me to make time to do it, and that has been the single biggest factor in moving forward. Thus far, it’s been a great project, for kids and adults alike.
Until the next time, thanks for reading.