Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Norwich FM and Been There, Done That

There is something about farmer’s markets that are appealing, at least to me. The idea of being outside with live music and all that food and craft, how can you beat it? I love the idea of going to the FM, browsing the wares, and seeing our friends, so when R’s parents were visiting, we figured it would be a great chance to take them over to the biggie, the Norwich FM. It’s the oldest one, I believe, and from a vendor’s perspective, the one to land in. Vendors are lined up to get a slot there, though I personally think from a prepared foods POV, you can’t beat the Hanover market. Besides, who wants to spend their Saturday at the FM? It’s better to hit it after work and then be free for the weekend, but that’s just me. For a lot of vendors, the Norwich FM is their big money maker.

We arrived when the market was in full swing, and it was a fairly festive atmosphere, but I have to confess, after about 15 minutes, I was ready to go. Maybe I’m just getting old, but there are other places I’d rather be on a Sat morning. It could be that after all the pain and suffering that we incurred from doing the market, FMs just don’t have the same luster and sheen. Whatever be the case, it could be another year before we make it to the Norwich FM, if not longer.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to NatalieMaynor for the pic

No comments: