Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Freelance (and other) Aspirations

Like many things in life, the quest for freelance seems to take one step forward and two steps back. I've been trying to write more for WB and PS, but PS seems to have become dormant, if not entirely dead. Then I had this notion of just writing for PS as my own personal forum, since nobody else is, and then I could get the benefit of showcasing my writing for the public. Hey, that's not a bad idea. I don't know why everyone has bailed out. Actually, I do, there's never enough time and if it doesn't pay well, it's hard to devote the time.

But, there is a steady flow of readers on PS, and it is a venue I'd like to keep my hand in, so why not?

Otherwise, still gotta work on those queries. They scare me.

My goal is to finish my travel writing piece and submit it to Away, if they'll still take it, and then work on the million and one queries I've got simmering on my desk top.

In other news, I've had this itch to write other things, and have been rekindling other projects that will probably only serve to distract me even more, but I shouldn't be so cynical.

We'll see where all this lead.

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: