Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Inspiration or Therapy?

I've got some huge issues that rear their ugly heads now and then. It seems I'm eternally bitter towards three people in my life-my parents, my brother, and JL. I have no contact with these people (actually, I've recently been in touch with my brother through FB, with mixed feelings), and yet I still, to this very day, some 10-15 years after the fact, get all worked up when I think about them. Just the memory of our interactions gets my blood boiling.

Clearly this is a not a healthy state of being. Then it dawned on me that perhaps the best way to confront these toxic feelings while at the same time dealing with my own emotional shortcomings (not to mention maturity) was maybe to write about them.

Heck, I've wanted to write about them since the day I wanted to write about them, whatever that means. What that means is, they are the main inspiration for why I wanted to become a writer in the first place.

Just some thoughts, the kind that inspire me to write. Or is it just therapy? Until the next time, thanks for reading.

PS I'm finding these occasional stealth posts are working for me. They don't take too much time and allow me to maintain my blog, not that anyone cares.

No comments: