Monday, January 19, 2009

Serendipity Shines Us in Quechee

We had quite the exciting morning on last week, and it only got better from there. On Sunday I was getting ready to go snowboarding and the kids chimed in and said they wanted to join me. So my initial plan to hit the slopes were changed, for the better of course. I'd always wanted them to take up skiing, besides the fact that I love it, I just think it's cool for kids at this age to take it up. It's a unique experience to have it so commonplace and accessible, and an opportunity you just can't pass up.

So we went to the Quechee Hill, and though I was skeptical and thinking it was going to be a long day, they shined like stars. Not only did they have a blast, but they made huge strides in their skiing and can now ski independently. They don't need their old dad, anymore. A was acing the rope tow, and wanted to try the T-bar. N, meanwhile, is now able to ride the rope all by himself, he doesn't need any help, and he just bolts down the hill. It's too cute, he's so excited.

I took A up the T-bar and skied down with her a few times, but by the end of the day, she didn't need me to go up or down. She can do it all by herself, and it's a first step to riding the chair lift, but more on that later.

It was a great day, and they didn't want to stop. We were there for over three hours, and even then I had to drag them away because I thought my wife would be mad that we'd taken so long, but she wasn't. Not only that, but she had lunch waiting for us, bonus. What a great day, I was so happy that my kids have come around to skiing, but we'll take it one day at a time.

Until then, thanks for reading.

No comments: