Thursday, January 15, 2009

Typing Continued

Our kids have gotten hooked on typing, and I can't get over it. Granted, it's a fun site, complete with cheesy flash cartoons and silly songs. What kid wouldn't love that? But, the lessons are pretty well thought out, and they have really gravitated to learning it with sincerity. I think it's not a bad thing (indeed, it's a good thing) for them to know how to type properly. And best of all, it's independent learning, and dad only gets in the way, so they don't want me around.

The downside is, I can't use my computer, but it's a small price to pay for them to have an enriching activity.

In fact, R mentioned giving it a go, and I think she might benefit from it, though I would never be the one to tell her that.

Interestingly, because A was so excited about typing yesterday, she not only wanted to forgo rock climbing, but she did extra work in math and grammar in her excitement. How cool is that?

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

1 comment:

BookChook said...

Those programs are great. I used one once and was starting to use more than two fingers quickly, but dropped the course I was doing and somehow never got back to it. I think it's great the kids are so involved and it really will help them later.

Meantime, i am pretty quick with just two fingers!