Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Monster Day Yesterday

I've been looking into building a website for myself and couldn't help but notice that all a majority of the ads seem to pertain to weight loss. What could it all mean?

Just wanted to mention that we had one of those monster days where I got in over my head on the domestic front and tried to do too many things in the kitchen. We made brownies, cookies, bagels, and stuffed pumpkins while also managing to do some homeschooling and get out and skate. In the past it's been a stressful endeavor where I kick myself for being too ambitious. Just the cleanup alone kills me, but this time was different.

I decided to take it one step at a time, and though a deadline loomed over my head (we had to get to the skating rink by 4:00 at the latest), I managed to keep my cool and not snap at the kids (and consequently make an ass of myself). The only downside was that the kids ate a ton of sweets, but at least they were homemade, and they brushed their teeth afterward.

It felt good not to be an asshole, for a change. Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: