Saturday, January 31, 2009

Making My Website and the Infamous Query Letter

Just a few quick notes (yeah, right!) on the continuing saga of my glorious freelance career. I finally finished that darn query letter. I had set a goal of getting it done by the new year, so I'm about a month late, which isn't too bad for the likes of me. And best of all, the timing couldn't be better-smack in the middle of a the worst recession ever whereby no publication is hiring anybody.

Also, I've taken the first steps towards creating my website. I haven't a clue as to what to do, but sometimes that is for the best. I know a couple of people who do website design, but they never seem to have the time to help a loser like me.

One last note, we're moving closer to working for our local non-profit that is trying to help kids in Africa. Nice to dedicate some time to something that is bigger than yourself, especially when you need some perspective.

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: