Sunday, January 18, 2009

Writing On My Mind

I've managed to get a few things off my plate and feel good about it, though I have to resist the temptation to feel complacent. There's no place for that.

Now that some of the crap is cleared away, however, I have been thinking a lot more about writing. It helps that I'm reading a book I really like and inspires me to want to write. The question is, where to begin. I have the proverbial dream of writing the novel(s) of my life, but they are long term goals and the big ticket items seem to haunt me to the point where I become impotent, in a manner of speaking.

On the other hand, I need to start making some dough, so freelance is the way to go, or at least to try. There are opps out there, but nothing will come of them if I rest on my laurels. I have been more active on WB and PS, however, and after renouncing FB, I feel invigorated and capable. So I've got to ride this wave.

In the meantime, the novel and screenplay are still brewing at the forefront of my consciousness, I've just got to gently nudge them back a little and start writing more queries. I'm wondering if I actually blog about freelance writing that I'll actually do it. You never know, stranger things have happened, and it's not unlike how I've changed my own toxic behavior in the past, by keeping it in mind and making a conscious effort to change.

Then again, it all boils down to the same thing-you've got to want it bad enough.

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: