Sunday, May 20, 2012

Clocked in the Jaw

We’ve been having beautiful weather for the past couple of days, and I figured it would be a good time to weed our garden plot. Of course, N had other ideas, and we brought along our lacrosse sticks, as well. Needless to say, I didn’t get much gardening done. I will say this, however, N is really getting comfortable and confident with handling his lacrosse equipment. Sometimes he tosses the ball and it’s impressive how much power he has.

In fact, at one point he winged the ball towards me and I mishandled it. The ball missed my basket and proceeded to hit me in the face, right in the jaw. Ouch. It felt like getting punched in the jaw, and I’m lucky it didn’t knock my teeth out. The pain lasted for the rest of the day, but oddly enough, it hurt in the back, near my ear. N apologized but I made it clear to him that it wasn’t his fault. Besides, it gave me a reason to indulge my dramatic and whiny side.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to dmgice for the pic.

No comments: