Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Thrown a Curve and Making New Plan

I thought I had this all figured out, and sure enough, things don’t work out the way you plan them. Since the kids have busy spring schedules, certain things have suffered, accordingly, mainly in the music and karate department. The kids don’t seem to mind because they are having fun, but it’s a bummer because they were coming along so nicely and now we’ve hit a wall.

Since the one day a week that we do music and karate is now taken up, I figured we could intermittently skip track/lacrosse so we could make it, but it’s looking like that won’t be the case. It’s a bummer, because I haven’t been to karate in several weeks, and haven’t been as motivated as I should be to practice on my own. I was planning on skipping track/lacrosse this week, but N has a game coming up, and A has two track meets. Last practice, N’s coach said since there’s a game, the players “have” to make it to both practices. There was no way the kids were going to skip sports willingly, so I had to scrap that plan.

My thinking is that I can still make it to karate, albeit late, but that’s about as good as it’s going to get. I spoke with their music teacher and she was cool about putting lessons on hold until the summer schedule is up, so that works out, sort of. In a way it’s good because the kids are a little over-scheduled, especially A, and it saves me some money.

Now the key will be to see if I can diligently practice karate on my own, because I have keep working hard for my lethal weapon status.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Chanwoo for the pic.

No comments: