Friday, May 18, 2012

Mean Kids

I was at JM’s party last week and was speaking with GM, who BTW is such a great guy. He’s so nice. He was relaying to me a surprising story, though not surprising in light of what I know and remember about school. Apparently there was an incident involving one of the sports teams where one of the kids quit because one of the other players was being mean. Now I know all about mean kids, and the thought of them gives me anxiety when I think of A&N, which is why I tell them not to put up with that. Just walk away, and if they persist, punch them in the nose. Just kidding... sort of.

Anyway, it was a telling tale of kids just being mean. It’s too bad because now one child misses out on the fun, and the mean kids win and get to go on being mean for another day. Now I know people say that’s just life and kids need to get used to it, but there’s something now quite right about that level of cruelty. Where exactly does it come from? We live in a pretty small and humble town, so it just goes to show you, it’s everywhere. I can think of a few other kids I think are mean, but I won’t get into it.

I asked A if she knew anything about it, and she had some sense, but as a kid, she’s sworn to secrecy whenever adults get into the picture. After talking with her for a bit, I got a piece of the picture, though not the whole picture.

Boy, it ain’t easy being a kid these days. Then again, was it ever? It just goes to show you how important it is to find your thing in life and embrace it. They you can assume your place in the adolescent universe and try to make it to adulthood without being too scarred.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to ArtMind etcetera for the pic.

No comments: