Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Good Project for the Kids

This past weekend I was busy doing real-man’s work when the kids mentioned that a hummingbird had come to our feeder and there was nothing in it. In light of this, they asked if I could take the feeder down, clean it, and then put in fresh hummingbird food. To that I replied, “Are you kidding me?”

I told them I didn’t have time, and that if they wanted to, they could do it themselves. A left and did what she always does when I say no to her request. She went to mom. I felt a little bad afterward, but you know what? With a little assistance from mom, they took the feeder apart, cleaned it, and then put in food that they made (basically sugar water). All by themselves.

In retrospect, I’m glad I didn’t help them because they took their own initiative and did a nice job. Is just goes to show you that kids can be inspired and work hard on projects if given the chance. Just as a sidenote, the next morning, we saw a hummingbird feeding from the feeder. How cool is that?

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: