Friday, May 11, 2012

Good Lacrosse Practice

Last practice N had a good time, and he looked good. They are preparing for their first game, and are doing more scrimmage-like practices. The younger kids benefitted from the absence of the oldest group, the 4th graders, who had some prior engagement. This gave the younger guys the chance to get more field time and attention.

I thought N did a great job, and again, the coaches got to see more of him and give him more direction. There were good vibe moments for him, as well. First off, one of the dads whose son is an older kid told me that N looked good for a second grader. After the practice, one of the older kids told N to his face that he was good, and as we were leaving, the coaches gave him a good verbal pat on the back. All good things. I think he’s finding his groove, though it’s a pretty big age gap on their team, and it’s hard for me to fathom how they get all those kids onto the field during the game. I’ll leave that up to the coaches.

In the meantime, I’m finding that I’m a lot more relaxed about lacrosse than hockey. Maybe it’s because I’m clueless about the game, but whatever be the case, he’s having fun, and I’m enjoying watching him out there. Plus, it’s nice to be outside, and the equipment demands are a lot lighter than hockey.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to WC Lacrosse League for the pic.

No comments: