Thursday, May 24, 2012

Fitness Schedule

I am trying (and failing, thus far) to implement a new fitness program, but boy does it sound good in theory. Since I haven’t been to karate in about 1 1/2 months, I figure I can still practice katas and one-step spars on my own time. Plus, I can stretch and do sparring drills on my own, not to mention hit the punching bag. Of course, I’ve done very little of this, compounded by the fact that my back is hurt, but no time for sissies, right?

I did manage to ride my bike up the big hill the other day, and that was nice because it doesn’t take much time and I can squeeze an errand in there, as well. Plus, it’s better for the environment than jumping in the car for every little need. About two weeks back I also did some jump-roping right before UF, so things are slowly happening, albeit without the regularity I seek. Mind you, the goal is not to simply get some exercise in, which we always manage to do over here, but more so to maintain my lethal trained killer status while also helping my hockey game. Is that asking too much?

Besides, word on the street is that Master H has his sights set on testing me for black belt this year, which will require that I run 5 miles before fighting an entire Shaolin temple. This should be interesting. I have to start making it to class, first.

Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to eclipseGrafx for the pic.

No comments: